Well, well. How cool is this? The Blessings Blog was just given The Most Versatile Award by our fun friends over at Fodder4Thought! So first, we thank them for the nomination and for including us in their friends to include! Lol, the six of you reading this should go check her out! 😉
The Versatile Blogger award’s three requirements are:
1. Thank the person who gave you the reward.
2. List seven random facts about yourself.
3. Nominate fifteen new bloggers for the award.
Having fulfilled requirement numero uno, we move on to #2…
Random facts…hmmm. Most of my life is fairly random, and I’m not sure how factual it is. But I’ll do the best I can.
1. I think dark chocolate is its own food group. If they could come up with a chocolate-coffee-cigarette, I’d probably never leave the house (except to go get more chocolate-coffee-cigarettes). I quit smoking so all that’s left is the coffee and chocolate. Both come from beans and are therefore health food. 🙂
2. I have a fairly severe gardening disorder which kicks into high gear this time of year. I love having my hands in the dirt, love feeling the life in Mother Earth…it’s like partaking of Eden to plant seeds in the earth and then see new life manifesting weeks and months later. It is part of what is so healing about this space.
3. I almost joined the Peace Corps and moved to Guatemala before I bought this house and started this biz. I’m sure the Guatemalans are grateful I stayed here, now that I think about it.
4. When I worked in hospice, I love sitting with people while they were dying. It is the thing I miss most about working in traditional healthcare.
5. Many years ago, when I was really having a hard time, I prayed Sai Baba would send me some Vibhuti. It arrived in the oddest way and within days 2 more people had given me some more. I have passed it on to many others but still have some in the healing room, it just never goes away, there is always more. I was thinking of that just yesterday then I found out he died Easter morning.
6. Darshan with Amma was one of the most profound spiritual experiences of my life. I’ll never forget it. If you ever get a chance, go see her… Here’s an article about her if you’d like to learn more about Amma, The Hugging Saint.
7. I love getting to do what I do and I’m simply fascinated that people show up to read these random babblings. But I’m glad you do and I’m grateful for the many ways in which we can all be connected. Thanks for sharing the journey with me (bow).
Onward to nominations!
1. The Virtual Abbey …For the modern monastic.
2. Indigo Wild …Any more natural and you’d be naked.
3. The Awakened Reconnection…Our good friend Maya, the Holistic Nutrition Goddess!
4. The Gluten Free Goddess…Karina has the most amazing and healthy recipes.
5. Mellow Monk Teas…check out their stuff…take a deep breath, sip, relax, repeat.
6. North Shore Meditation & Dharma Center…in Chicago and the St. Louis Area.
8. May I Be Frank…Transformation, humor and a sincere potty mouth. What’s not to love?
9. The Green Belt Movement… GBM Founder and 2004 Winner . If you don’t know about her, she is an inspiration.
10. Seed Savers….A non-profit organization of gardeners dedicated to saving and sharing heirloom seeds.
I will ponder other fun blogs to nominate in the future, but for now, thanks to all and enjoy!